everyware, sorry, is everywhere. Everything you can put your eye on is somehow connected with software. Every product or business process needs a software solution. No wonder software development market is growing day after day, hour after hour.
And software development is now not only the privilege of a highly developed economy but a worldwide industry. It involves people and businesses from practically every country. Moreover, it is a current trend for mature businesses to have their software development departments offshore or outsource its software development to specialized companies overseas.
AdvantagesOffshore software outsourcing has proved to be an effective model. The formula of success is very simple: high quality services at reasonable prices. But let’s list all the advantages of offshore software outsourcing comparing to inhouse or local market software development:
- Time saving. You don’t have to waste time and efforts to hire your software developers and provide a needed training for them. You also don’t waste time waiting until your developers become a real team. While outsourcing developers already have a well trained and loaded to work crew.
- High technical skills and training. It is an already established market of offshore software development with a rather high competition. Most high-skilled developers are concentrated in big and proven outsource software development companies. High competition makes them providing high level of skills and expertise. More likely that you will find the best developers on the market if hiring offshore software developers.
- Effectiveness and fast results. Outsource software developers deal with many customers, many projects and many technologies. So they can provide a qualified analysis of your project and suggest a better solution or even share an original idea of its implementation. And any outsource company will be interested to finish your project as faster as possible, because swiftness is one of the factors of its profitability.
- Quality control and confidentiality. Since quality and confidentiality are the major risks in offshore software development process, offshore outsourcing companies dedicate much attention to these aspects. They know about customers’ concern and provide the best quality and confidentiality control methods. Additional quality control factor – reputation. All outsource companies are interested in a long-term cooperation or at least in a positive feedback and recommendations.
- Sharing the risks. Software development process involves some risks. Outsource software developers are specialists in this area and posses a better risk-management approaches. They will share the burden of risk in software development and suchwise optimize your major business risk portfolio.
- Cost saving. You save on costs of development since labor rates offshore often are highly competitive. You save on recruitment, retention, company overhead costs as they are not involved when it comes to outsourcing. Add here training expenses, hardware and facilities costs. Outsource developers already have all needed equipment and resources. Besides you don’t have to compensate idles and outages if you have your inhouse team.